What does that mean to you? What are you doing to achieve it?

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Let's Get This Party Started!

Here it is, my attempt at blogging...something I've wanted to do for a while. I am such a strange organizer, that it has impeded progress on this. Why? Because I needed the exact title to encompass what I want to say. So for months, I don't write because I couldn't think of a title. Weird, I know. And although I have friends that have been blogging a while, it was a humorous one of an elementary/jr. high friend that gave me the final push to start today.

So, why did I settle on the Quality of Life? Because that's what it's all about for me. I thought about what is important to me, and a title that would describe it all. I think that a certain quality of life is what we are all after...but what that means to each of us is different. For some, that is what defines us. Is it our family life? Career? Lifestyle? Luxuries we enjoy? Health? I suppose it depends on the person, right?

I've become increasingly aware that some lifestyle choices I've made have come between myself and my idea of a quality life. I've been on a quest to regain control of everything. Well, that's a misnomer. Control. I've been on a quest to improve the quality of my life. It's interesting to me that I am an intelligent, goal oriented person, and can achieve what I put my mind to...and yet, I'm not sure I've been putting that effort towards what I needed to. So how can a person reach so much success in one area, and yet fail miserably in another?

So what has changed? Or what am I working on changing? I've been actively working on friendships, my marriage, and now my health. I will devote an entire post to each of these later. And how's it working? I've been happier the last year then I've been in the last 10. I hope that it's just beginning, because I feel I have a lot left to work on. Hopefully continued changes will continue to improve the quality of my life and I'm excited to share the journey with you!

I have so much to share, and maybe will never have a single follower. That's ok. I hear this blogging is therapeutic, and hey, a clear mind improves the quality of my life. So I'm off for tonight, but stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment